Paneer (cottage cheese) grated 100 grams
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1/2 tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Chaat masala – As required
Red chilli powder 1/4teaspoon
Lemon juice 1/2 tablespoon
Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
Bread crumbs 1/4 cup
Oil for deep-frying
- Put grated cottage cheese, turmeric powder,
cumin powder, coriander powder, salt,
chaat masala, red chilli powder, lemon juice,
and coriander leaves into a bowl and mix well.
- Mix refined flour and salt in another bowl,
add sufficient water and mix well to make a smooth thick batter.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate,
add salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok or a pan.
- Divide the cottage cheese mixture into
small equal portions and shape them.
- Dip them in the batter, roll in the
breadcrumbs and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot.