Chicken is one of those foods which almost everyone relish eating. Fried chicken may not be a healthy choice but it can be eaten as a cheat meal like once or twice in a week. This recipe has more of an Indian touch to it in terms of flavor and believe me it’s going to be delicious. You can use Panko breadcrumbs for the best flavor. They are not easily available in India, so if you don’t find them, you may also use my recipe which I posted yesterday……..
- 8 chicken pieces (any cut will do)
For the marinade:
- 4 tsp red chilli paste
- 3 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp curd
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the coating:
- Seasoned/ Plain breadcrumbs
- For the marinade:
- In a bowl add ginger and garlic paste, red chilli paste, chaat masala, masala, oil, curd, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces, Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
Now, this step can be done in 2 ways,
- Mix the required amount of breadcrumbs in the chicken after taking the pieces out of the marinade.
- or You can also roll the pieces in the breadcrumbs very well!
- Add enough amount of oil in a pan (heavy bottom is preferred).
- Turn on the gas and heat the oil till it is medium hot.
- Make sure it is not too hot or else, the chicken would not cook through.
- Add the crumb coated chicken into the Medium hot oil and cook till it is cooked well.
- Take the pieces out on an absorbent paper to drain off excess fat.
- Heat the oil till it is very hot and add the chicken again.
- Fry it for 1 minute or till the chicken turns golden brown.
Serve hot with your favorite sauce or eat it as it is.
You may try using Pulsed oats, brown breadcrumbs or pulsed cornflakes for a healthier choice…….